I was tagged by the amazing Leslie @ Books are the New Black! Leslie is one of my favorite bloggers so go check her out!!!
I tried to find the creator of this tag, but I couldn’t. I followed the chain back 13 successful posts, but the 14th was a broken link. This tag has been around forever tho! The last post I found was from 02/05/2017.
1. What Book has been on your shelves the longest?
I am not currently at home, so I am going to use my Goodreads shelf instead of my real shelf.
Mortal Heart – added Dec 16, 2016
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you will read next?
Current Read: The Time of Contempt
Last Read: Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance
Next Read: Being Mrs Darcy
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
Life of Pi – has a 3.91 rating on Goodreads
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
Throne of Glass
5. Which book are you saving for retirement?
I’m not saving any books for retirement.
6. Last page: Do you read it first or wait to the end?
I have never read the last page first. I know some people do it, but it makes no sense to me!
7. Acknowledgements: Are they a waste of paper and ink or interesting?
I don’t usually read them, but I don’t think they are a waste of paper.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
None of them? I like reading about fantasy adventures, but would do terrible if I was actually in their spots!
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life?
Harry Potter!!! I have a couple different specific memories reading Harry Potter. One of my 3rd grade teacher reading it to the class. One of my and my childhood friend Alyissa racing through the new books. And one with my Aunt going to buy the last book at midnight at Walmart.
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
My Great Grandma was an avid reader. She read every type of book and she bought everything she read. Every year around Christmas she would have all her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren over and we would draw numbers and take turns going through all the books she read that year and picking the ones we wanted.
11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
I got a signed copy of a Gail Carriger book for Mary @ Sophril Reads because Gail was at Denver Comic Con and Mary got me hooked on her books.
12. Which book has been with you the most places?
My Harry Potter set! I took them back and fourth with me to all 4 places I lived in college, my parents house over the summer, and my two houses I’ve lived since.
13. Any ‘required reading’ you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
I hated only a couple books in High School (mostly Lord of the Flies and Old Man and The Sea) but I have never re-read any of them so I guess I can’t actually answer the question.
14. Used or brand new?
Both! I don’t care, I just like reading the books!
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
16. Have you ever seen a movie that you liked more than the book?
I know its a TV show and not a movie, but The Umbrella Academy was much better on screen than in Print.
17. A book that’s made you hungry?
I’m always hungry so it doesn’t take much! I can’t think of any books specifically that made me hungry.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
Ummmm, I will take into consideration everyone’s advice, but I don’t have anyone whose advice I will automatically accept?
19. Most read authors?
20. Ship from two different books?
I’m not creative enough for this question!! I can’t think of anyone haha.
As always don’t feel obligated to participate, but if you do then please tag me so I can see your answers!